Monday, September 28, 2009

8 Weeks Left!!

Hey you guys! Sorry I've been a bum about updating!

I officially have less than two months left! YAY! It's been an amazing experience so far. I think my biggest lesson I am learning is how to be flexible! I love my population, the kids are so much fun. I was able to help present at the National Down Syndrome Conference this year, that was fun! I will be helping at the end of Oct with a presentation for Spanish families who have kids with disabilities. So I need to learn some spanish children's songs. Haha! That should be funny... My internship director is great and pretty laid back, but SO knowledgable! I'm also learning a lot of sign language, which is fun! I drive a ton, and know the Sacramento area better than I believe is normal. I've been able to use my flute with a few of the older clients I have. It's fun to see their eyes completely light up, when they're otherwise pretty unresponsive.

On another note, Lance got another job in Sunnyvale, CA. He started today, and he is living in our other apartment down there, while I finish up here. It's about a 2 hour drive away (in the Bay area), so we'll still see each other on weekends. He is working for a branch of the Department of Defense, The Defense Contract Auditing Agency. His office is only 5 minutes from our apartment in Santa Clara (a HUGE blessing considering how bad traffic is in the Bay area). I never thought in a million years that we'd be living in the bay area... but here we go! We'll be in California for at least another 5 years or so. I made Lance promise me that we'd move before any of our kids started school, as some of the public school policies here are offensive. Anyway, that's our update!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful blog and I appreciate you highlighting music therapy. Metal drum musical instrument.

    ReplyDelete